Nitrous replied

557 weeks ago

Step 1: Sign up for and download dropbox: http://db.tt/0aMtZTAc This link will get me more space. If you don't want to be awesome! use this one Dropbox.com

Step 2: Install dropbox client. Once you sign up you can find the install button in the drop down menu from clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner (though i'm fairly certain it asks you to download it when you sign up)

Step 3: Click this link and enable public folder (This will make it lots easier to get links for your pictures) Dropbox Enable Public Folder

Step 4: Once your public folder is enabled go (on your computer) to your dropbox\public folder and create a folder called screenshots, then inside the screenshots folder create a folder to house all your ffxiv screenshots

Step 5: This is where it starts to get difficult. If you are running windows vista/7 please go to C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\screenshots. Copy everything out of this folder to the folder you created above (will be deleteing this folder so will want to move them just in case)

Once you have them all copied to the public folder, delete C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\screenshots.

Step 6: Open your start menu and type cmd in the run box (Do not hit enter) right click cmd.exe that shows up and hit run as administrator. then navigate to your C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\ folder

To do this you type cd "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\" then hit enter

Ok, now you're going to need to know the exact location of your dropbox folder. I believe the default install folder is C:\users\<yourusername>\dropbox, but do not just assume that, this part is important from this step on we'll call this just dropbox folder, but assume it's the full directory path.

Oooook.. Now, you should be staring at a command window that looks something like this…

If you are, gj, you're awesome. But you do still have the dropbox folder path written down right? Cause here's where you need it.

in this command window type the following

mklink /d screenshots "<Dropbox Folder Path>\Public\Screenshots\<Place you put the pictures in step 4>" if you did this correctly You should now (in your C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\" folder see what appears to be a shortcut to your screenshots folder. But it's a bit more than that. To windows, that's actually a full fledged folder able to be written to. When something writes to that folder however it's put in the dropbox\public\screenshots\ffxiv folder

last edited 557 weeks ago by Nitrous

Nitrous replied

557 weeks ago

Ok, now that i'm through that part i'll explain to you what i mean as painless. Since you put these in your public folder, There is a neat thing you can now do. If you navigate to your dropbox\public\screenshots\ffxiv folder or go to dropbox.com and do the same, you can now right click the image file and choose Copy Public Link. This gives you a really easy way to just copy and paste links to images. And since these images are automatically being uploaded, they'll be there forever, should your computer die or something. If you have had any issue with this, please feel free to ask me for help in game (preferrably through a tell so i'll get a ping when you ask and not miss it) or simply post here and i'll be glad to help.

hendry jullius replied

296 weeks ago

This article gives steps about how to make screenshot uploading. In general, non-free content uploaded under the Exemption Doctrine should be used only when the specific image itself is significant to the article, not merely what it depicts. The image must be not replaceable by a free content alternative that depicts the same thing. cheap real diamond rings online

jackie replied

209 weeks ago

People are using Dropbox still? That's nice. Check rushessay service later.
Please log in to post a reply.